If you are looking to take and complete your Initial Driver Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC) training for categories D1 or C1, we have highly experienced approved driving instructors who will put you at ease and guide you through the entire process.
Unless you meet one of the exemption criteria, you must have a Driver CPC if you drive one of the following as the main part of your job:
You can be heavily fined for driving professionally without Driver CPC.
To obtain your Initial Driver CPC:
- Book your CPC Case Study Theory Test (Part 2) – please call 0300 2001122 between 08:00-16:00, Monday to Friday, or visit GOV.UK to book your DVSA test.
- When you have passed the CPC Case Study Theory Test (Part 2) please contact us and we can then organise a practical training session followed by the test.
- Once you have passed Part 2 & 4, your Driver Qualification Card will be sent to you from DVLA.
CPC Case Study Theory Test (Part 2)
- The theory test consists of 7 case studies to be completed on a computer. The case studies are based on real life situations that you are likely to encounter whilst driving professionally.
- There will be between 6 and 8 multiple choice questions on each of the case studies.
- The test duration is approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes and is held at all DVSA theory test centres (this can be taken at the same time as your theory/ hazard perception test). The pass mark is 40 out of 50.
CPC Practical Test (Part 4)
Please ensure you have completed the Driving Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC) Part 2 test before booking the Driver CPC Part 4 test. The practical test consists of 5 topics from the Driver CPC syllabus with the opportunity to score up to 20 points for each topic.
You will be tested on:
- Ability to load the vehicle following safety rules and keeping it secure
- Stop trafficking in illegal immigrants
- Ability to assess emergency situations
- Ability to reduce physical risks to others and yourself
- Ability to do a walkaround vehicle check
To prepare for the test we offer group or 1 to 1 training sessions followed by the practical test, this should last between 3 and 4 hours in entirety. The training sessions will provide you with all the knowledge and experience you will need in order to pass your Driver CPC Practical test.
Initial Driver CPC practical training and test (part 4)
- Use of HGV
- One on one instruction followed by practical CPC test (3/4 hours)
- Total cost – £300 – excluding £55 test fee ( £355 including test fee )
(£55 Discount for anyone taking part in any HSM training course)
Group Initial Driver CPC available £150 PP (£205 additional per person including test fee)
- CPC Case Study Theory Test (Part 2): £23