HSM - Harpenden School of Motoring
Hertfordshire Minibus Training
Friendly, professional driving school with fully qualified DVSA instructors with an exceptionally high first time pass rate.
HMT Hertfordshire Minibus training offer Driver training and minibus assesments.
We also offer lessons for D1 DVSA Minibus test these 3 day training courses with DVSA part A (reverse exercise) on day 1 or 2 and the DVSA part B test at the end of the last day. All of our training is on a one to one basis; however, we also offer training for larger groups. We try to bring the cost down as much as possible so are happy to use your own vehicle (if this meets strict DVSA rules, please see below) and will gladly supply additional equipment if needed.
3 Days (6 Hours a day – 1 on 1 instruction)
- 18 Hours One on one instruction
- DVSA Part A test £75
- DVSA Part B test £115
- Total cost using your own minibus – £1390
- Total cost using our minibus – £1690
Retest ( 1 day) not including test fee’s
- Cost using your own minibus – £400
- Cost using our minibus – £500
- DVSA Part A retest fee – £75 ( additional cost )
- DVSA Part B retest fee – £115 ( additional cost )
Training for 2 People over 5 Days (6 Hours a day)
- Use of our Training Minibus
- 30 Hours instruction
- DVSA Part A x2 Part B test taken end of 5th day
- Total cost using your own minibus – £2380
- Total cost using our minibus – £2880
Initial Driver CPC practical training and test (part 4)
- Total cost (inc £55 test fee) – £305 exc vat
- Total cost (inc £55 test fee) – £355 inc vat
(£100 discount if integrated with 3 day course)
D1+E Minibus and Trailer Training
We also offer D1+E training once you have passed your D1 test to enable you to tow a trailer with your minibus.
- Medical examination £ 50 to £100 depending on your Doctors charge
- Theory test: £26
- Hazard perception test: £11
Requirements for Minibus used on test
- Insurance must cover learner drivers
- Must have a maximum authorised mass of at least 4 tonnes (aka must be a 17 seater ford transit or Mercedes Sprinter)
- Have between 9 and 16 passenger seats
- At least 5 metres in length
- 2 sets of externally mounted nearside and offside mirrors – one for the driver and one for the examiner ( HSM can supply these)
- A tachograph
- Anti-lock braking (ABS)
HMT - Hertfordshire Minibus Training
Established in 1986 – HSM Driver training & sister company Hertfordshire Minibus Training are a true family run business’s with big ideas.
We pride ourselves on being friendly, professional and approachable. We strongly believe that training & driving lessons should be an exciting and enjoyable experience. Our highly experienced DVSA approved driving instructors will put you at ease and guide you through the process, whether it be an assessment or full training.
What our clients say
Great instructors, had Matt for the duration who was excellent throughout, despite failing first time he didnt lose interest and saw me through passing second time. can't recommend them enough!
Great school. I have taken the three day c1 d1 training course and passed the d1 yesturday with two minors and c1 today with one minor. The instructors i had, Matt and Dan were great, friendly and got me through both tests. If u need these on your licence i would definately recommend HSM. You do lots of driving and practice all the test route areas and go to the tests feeling confident. Thank you both again.
Excellent service from Matt passed my c1 test first time highly recommend.
Fantastic gents here! Highly accommodating, extremely professional and very skilled. I think the service for the price is great value! Couldn’t be happier with my experience and highly recommend them. Well done ?
Passed both c1 and d1 first time due to the excellent instructors. Both Matt and Dan made me feel very relaxed throughout the course. As it's a family run company they actually care about you and want you to succeed. Highly recommend using them.
Fab experience.Did my C1 in 2 days.Great people and great help.Thanks guys x